Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
that bellhousing or mating surface or whatever it is would need some kind of adapter plate or new bellhousing ... the main shaft out of the tranny would prolly need to b replaced to ... do these cars have throwout bearings? if so u , prolly would need some kind of new one too ... yea, as noted above, a complete motor and tranny swap is the easier and more sensible swap out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay... one of you changed your post from it fitting but being snug, to needing a whole engine swap. The other says it'll need an adapter.

Are you saying this with actual experience or reference to someone who has tried? Because this is how misinformation gets spread.

I was hoping this thread to be a collection of knowledge, not opinions.

If someone has actual measurements of the bell housings for both transmissions, that'd be a great addition and my next goal.

In the mean time, I'm working on photo-shopping an overlay of pictures of both transmissions. To see if atleast the bolt patterns line up.

·
Registered
622 Posts
relying on a photoshopped overlay to determine whether or not this swap works/components/etc is crazy ... ferret out a spec sheet/shop book for both cars

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree. That was meant as a mock-up to see how close to the realm of possibility we are.

I actually have the CAD file for the CRZ transmission, I'll compare measurements when I get my hands on an extra insight transmission (or just use mine when I have some downtime. The insight is a second vehicle, so shouldn't be a problem). Unless someone can add measurement info to the thread, or even find a CAD file for the Insight transmission.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.