Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
CRZ transmission from 74,000 mile car has came up for sale near my location. Is it doable put that transmission in my car.and maybe the axles and hubs which are five lug so I could get those 17 inch space savers.furthermore is it Tangible imaginable triangular testicular nuclear clean underwear possible remotely feasible to swap final drives Between two transmissions? I just got a know if you know what I mean .馃

Registered
Seems like it would be no, but both are L series so you would think they would swap. However the newer L-series are supposedly different in some way.

Super Moderator
CRZ transmission from 74,000 mile car has came up for sale near my location. Is it doable put that transmission in my car.and maybe the axles and hubs which are five lug so I could get those 17 inch space savers.furthermore is it Tangible imaginable triangular testicular nuclear clean underwear possible remotely feasible to swap final drives Between two transmissions? I just got a know if you know what I mean .馃
Since you PMed me with basically the same question and are asking here, let let everybody see my answer.

The final drive/differential in the Insight transmission is driven by the counter shaft. The gear on the shaft is machined as part of the shaft. The ring gear does unbolt.

I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 an easy swap.

If you want to purchase that CRZ transmission and put it in the back of your car and hypermile your way to California, I鈥檇 be happy to help look it over with you and if we could make it work we can install it in your car.

Scott

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Mr. Bulldog . I'm really into these cars big-time . Hard to explain. As long as I'm getting something out of it mostly knowledge i'll keep making these attempts to find out: more .. good luck on your transmission endeavor at Scotts. But the more I learn .Honda has the stuff available to make a better car like the better six gear And lower first gear in other car models just don't all come together In one car . But the Insight is a pretty darn good Enigma . By the way that's the first time I've ever use that word in a sentence . Bulldog say hello to Mr. Rainsux for me and drive safely with him he's a one-of-a-kind. I love the smell of aluminum in the morning. !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts