Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Honda make an insert that will stabilize a cup or bottle while it's in the cup holders of the 2019 Insights ? I don't understand why the quality of these holders is Hard Plastic from Top to Bottom and the cups / bottles shift and slide and bang around to make for a very annoying drive. I did install the Hero Bottom liners which stops them from sliding on the bottom but what about the sides and edges ? I put some temporary foam around the edges but they still tilt and jostle around in the cup holders. ! :mad: any ideas out there?

·
Super Moderator
4,725 Posts
Get a bigger cup? :)

Sam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah well, I figured that all the engineering that Honda puts into their Vehicles and they forget about making sure that a cup or bottle doesn't jump around in the cup holder ? It's something that I thought was perfected. My wife's 2007 Accord has spring loaded ribs that hold the cups in place and 12 years later they forgot about it ? That to me is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In my CRV I glued some 1/4" neoprene into the sides of the cupholder. Compresses enough to take a couple different bottles and firm enough to keep things from rattling around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did order a set of Hero Cup Liners for the bottoms of the cup holders and applied some foam tape along the Top Insides but the cups / bottles still wobble. I filled out a Honda survey and specifically mentioned the cup holders as the ONLY problem I was having. Hopefully, they will address this and offer a solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts