Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to pull the trigger and buy the Ground Control springs but the price has changed. They used to be around $430 after shipping. Now they are $500 after shipping. $430 was stretching it for springs but $500 i think is pretty crazy especially for springs for this small car.

So i googled custom springs online and found Coil Spring Specialties or www.coilsprings.com I called them and they quoted me $475 after shipping. Still not in the price range i was looking for but that's for one off custom springs however you want. To me that's a better deal but im still looking for something more affordable.

I asked about a group buy if they were all the same spec, he said they would offer 10% to 20% off depending on how many.

I just wanted to throw this option out there for everybody. I'm sure there are several other placed that can make custom springs which i will look into and post more info if available.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Scott (KLR3CYL) sells custom rear Springs for 90$. They improve ride quality by a massive margin. No more bottoming out (within reason). Not sure if by 'coil springs' you meant the front Springs, but yea. His are awesome and have never seen anybody complain about them. I know he has sold over 10 dozen sets.

·
Super Moderator
1,735 Posts
$90.00 for a pair, picked up in Covina, CA.
$100.00 shipped USPS Priority.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Scott,

Thank you. My wife's '05 is a little pogo-sticky, so these are on the list now.

Steve

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PM sent:

Mine is pretty bad, if i have a passenger at all, the rear is basically just resting on the bump stops. Also if i accelerate at all it bottoms out. I do want to keep the stock height, so i may do some cutting.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,476 Posts
Scotts springs raise the rear unladen height about an inch. It makes the steering feel more positive. I suggest no changing/ cutting.

Willie

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Any recommendations on rear shocks while we're at it? Even with the crap springs, its like a pogo stick in the rear.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Super Moderator
5,018 Posts
Hi, Steve,

I have Scott's springs and GAZ shocks on my Citrus. These shocks are great. They're adjustable so you can fine tune them for your personal preferences, and also if the weight in the car changes. A second person and luggage makes a pretty big difference in these cars.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
1,735 Posts
Matt from Hybrid Revolt is stocking Gaz most of the time. He also spoke with Gaz and had them revalve them for better adjustment.

You might check with him.

Scott

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Matt from Hybrid Revolt is stocking Gaz most of the time. He also spoke with Gaz and had them revalve them for better adjustment.

You might check with him.

Scott
What? Why would you (he) not mention this on the forum?

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I purchased a set of Scotts springs for the back and got them on last night. Huge difference and i tested my stock shocks, they are completely bad. One took about 30 seconds to return after compressing it and the other never returned. Looks like i'll be on the next order of GAZ shocks. This is only step 1 of 4 to get the suspension all in order.

FYI, my preference is to have my cars with slightly stiffer and tighter suspension than stock. I haven't owned a car yet where i haven't replaced the suspension, even the family Odyssey.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$90.00 for a pair, picked up in Covina, CA.
$100.00 shipped USPS Priority.

Thanks,
Scott
Hi Scott I’m just looking for springs for my2009 Honda Fit that will lift it a bit.
The Stock insight springs lift the rear about 3 inches from what I’ve read.
the front makes it stiffer ride then I get tema spacer for the struts.
I guess I need stock insight springs.
Just checking to see if you might have what I need. For a price of course.

·
Registered
2 Posts
10-4
2010-2014 insight are compatible with 2 gen fit.
looking at $350 for front and rear oem Honda.
do you know any stock aftermarket replacement?

·
Super Moderator
1,735 Posts
I do still have rear springs, GAZ rear shocks and front springs.

I send you a message shortly.

Scott

1 - 18 of 18 Posts