Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any custom-fit seat covers OR does Honda make a seat cover for the Insight? Something that will blend in with the beige 2006 interior is what I'm looking for. Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey Mitch and Don,
Do those seat covers just go over what you have, or do you remove the old ones and install the new ones?

I'd like to get something as close to original as I could, but my drivers side is showing wear on the seat part where I get in.

Thanks,
robert

·
Registered
76 Posts
originalbadbob -

The covers from GtCovers just slip over the originals. They have staps to hold them in place - since install I've had no problems with them slipping. And there is only slight wear marks on the drivers side in 3 years. :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks Mitch,
$150 for a quality set of covers isn't too bad I guess, especially if they look good. Do you remember what material you got?
Velour is what you get for the $150, waterproof is $10 more, leatherette is + $20 and neoprene is +$60. Im not sure I would like the feel or sound of neoprene, but at $210, I think I'd rather try to get original ones for some more $.
If you have a picture, I'd certainly like to see it.
Thanks again,
robert

·
Registered
95 Posts
PMFJI, my '04's seat covers show some wear & damage from the prior owner. The '04's interior is the same tan os the '06.. Are the Okloles a good match?

FWIW, a set of stock replacements is like $700, at a discount!

·
Registered
76 Posts
originalbadbob

I got the velour (dark grey) of course - matched the interior perfectly. When I bought mine there was only the velour, leatherette and neoprene were not available. No problem with the pix except I don't think we can post pixs on this site. Since I don't have a web site, maybe it would be best to PM me your email addy and I'll send the pix that way.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Mitch53 said:
No problem with the pix except I don't think we can post pixs on this site.
Correct about pics. I.C. has no ability to directly accept pics to host. You have to post them at another site tten link to that site via the img function of BBcode. :)

And while one pic in this regard would be acceptable under the rules. Please review them before linking to pics. ;)

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42
(specifically #8)

HTH! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts