Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is a lot cooler. I live in Orlando, FL temps are like 96+ degrees in the summer. I can def. tell the difference. It is so much cooler, and will keep my equipment cooler, and less visable.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For pictures, mods, and info...
http://www.halostreaming.com/hondainsight.html

Here is what I just ordered....
My amp....

Info...
True Digital Circuitry
Multi-Stranded Power Supply Toroids
Double-Sided Glass Epoxy Circuit Board
THD: 0.05%
S/N Ratio: >100dB
Frequency Response: 10Hz-20kHz(+/- 1dB)
Variable High-Pass/Low-pass Crossover: 50Hz To 250Hz
Variable Bass Boost: 0 - 12dB
Optional Digital Volt Meter (ADM100T)
Throughput RCA Connections
4-way Protection Circuitry: Thermal, Short Circuit, Overload, and DC Offset
Dual Cooling Fans
Cobalt Blue Illumination
Chrome Flame Fan Grille
High Gloss Chrome-Plated Finish
NICKEL-PLATED BLOCK TERMINALS

4 Ohms Stereo: 150 x 4
2 Ohms Stereo: 300 x 4
1 Ohm Stereo: 450 x 4
4 Ohms Mono: 300 x 2
2 Ohms Mono: 600 x 2
Height: 2"
Width: 8 1/2"
Depth: 12 7/8"

Monster Speaker Cables, Audiobahn Connectors, and Dyno Mat...

that is it .... the next mods will be....
2x 12" Audiobahn SUBS

In dash DVD/Widescreen

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hell yeah... why not? you have all these posers driving around trying to hook up their 80's cars and their mom's car.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Arsenic1250 said:
Yeah it is a lot cooler. I live in Orlando, FL temps are like 96+ degrees in the summer. I can def. tell the difference. It is so much cooler, and will keep my equipment cooler, and less visable.
Florida law is 28% on the front side windows.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well 25% is the maximum to be legal on the front ... Even though a lot of people are getting pulled over for 10% and less. I have not, I even had a cop pull me over going about 85 in a 65 he did not give me a ticket for the tint, and he saw it. Ha he started asking me questions about my car said he liked it, and reduced my ticket to 74 in a 65. The car looks to innocent to get tickets for tint.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Will that screen actually fit? From everything I've measured with a screen that comes out and up they will all hit the air conditioning controls and not allow the screen to be at the proper angle.

And be careful adding too large of an amp, you really only have about 30 amps on the 12 volt side of things before you seriously start risking blowing your DC/DC converter (a very VERY expensive part). If you look at what John Wayland did with his setup, which is similar using two subs and a few amps, he had to use a separate DC/DC converter just for his amps.

Btw, blue Insight's do look good with that dark dark tint. I've got medium all around on mine, but limo on the small rear window makes it just dissapear from the outside.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I like the tint (got the rear window done in mine and probably going to get the rest) but an amp and subs in an Insight is pretty overkill. I'm powering Infinity Kappa 3 ways and Alpine 2 ways perfectly fine with the 19 rms/50 peak watts of my El Kameleon head unit. I still have all the bass I need with some more in reserve.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts