Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CVT version does not have lean-burn capability, so that limits it to lower lifetime averages.

What is the highest L-MPG in a CVT insight?

·
Registered
274 Posts
The highest LMPG form CVT Insight will most likely be from someone who lives in a warm year round climate as the cold takes a big toll on mpg. 5 degrees this morning on my commute to work. I would guess there are probably some high 50 LMPG CVT Insight owners.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
.....Jose Perez of Jacksonville, FL reports an LMPG of 74.6 in his CVT. There are several others in the mid-60's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
58.0 LMPG

Mine is 58.0 after 35,000 miles. I live in San Diego and drive nearly 100 miles per day. I work really hard at getting round trip commute over 60 mpg, usually getting home around 61 or 62.

·
Registered
495 Posts
The highest LMPG form CVT Insight will most likely be from someone who lives in a warm year round climate as the cold takes a big toll on mpg. 5 degrees this morning on my commute to work. I would guess there are probably some high 50 LMPG CVT Insight owners.
There were days this past Winter when +5F were considered a "heat wave" here in the Poconos. In February morning temperatures of -10F were almost common, yet "The Silver Bullet" performed well; took almost a mile for the heater in the car to - begin - to take effect and only now that's is finally beginning to warm up, only now am I once again beginning to see the higher MPG readings I'd become used to all of last Summer and Fall, right after I'd purchased the little beastie.

As for there being "some high 50 LMPG CVT Insight owners", while I was well on the way to LMPG of 55 at the end of Fall last year - now I'm down to 53.5!. Ouch!

Does the cold weather make a difference re. MPG averages? When you're used to averaging on a given course 70 to 75 MPG and sometimes a heck of a lot higher, then suddenly you're struggling to come in at 60 and sometimes getting LESS than that over the same course, you bet the cold weather can and does effect the MPG . . . but it's warming up now and I am seeing the climb in MPG readings once again, and with those gasoline prices going up, boy, am I getting inquiries about "The Silver Bullet"!

Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts