Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like to run front and rear dash cams in my car, but the unusual design of the Gen 2's twin rear screens makes installation problematic. A camera can be fitted to the top screen with a suction mount in the usual way, but visibility isn't exactly great from that position. So I attached a 2" square of Perspex (Lucite) to the divider that separates the two screens. The mount is then fitted to this square and the camera now has an uninterrupted panoramic view through the lower screen. It is also much more visible to tailgaters and other idiots, who tend to back off when they see it. A long USB to Mini USB data cable runs from the bracket, behind the hatch trim, under the rear seats, under the floor mats, along the centre console and into the 12v power socket via a USB adaptor which has two 5v ports for my cameras and one fast-charge port for my phone.

Though the lower screen has no washer or wiper, it's easy to make sure it's clear as I always raise the hatch to slot the rear camera into its mount before each trip.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I transferred mine on the rear together with reverse camera, 360 camera (front, rear, mirrors), and rear dashcam.
That is some serious cammage! Glare not a problem as I don't drive much at night and I haven't yet had cause to view any rainy footage, but I'll check it out, thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts