Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought a backup/dash camera kit and strapped it onto the car's mirror since I drive Uber every once a while. Looks fine, but there're few things to it...
And I will upload picture later when it is finished

1. Some of the reviews said it will BLOW THE FUSE for the charging port... (Why am I still putting this on? I don't know)

2. I'm having trouble connecting the backup light to the camera so it will switch mode automatically, But I also fear this is what got those fuse blown...

3. the plastic on the hatch door is tape/glue proof?!?! I decided to keep the camera away from all the nasty road salt, but even gorilla tape wouldn't stick to that plastic panel... If you know anything about this, please let me know...

Otherwise it looked good so far, I don't know when the rear camera is going to fall off as it is kinda dangling there until find a right glue/tape to make it stay there...

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Maybe try "trim adhesive tape". By Dupont IIRR.
That's what holding my rear spoiler on.
Need a pic of how you have the camera mounted.

HTH
Willie

·
Registered
210 Posts
3. the plastic on the hatch door is tape/glue proof?!?! I decided to keep the camera away from all the nasty road salt, but even gorilla tape wouldn't stick to that plastic panel... If you know anything about this, please let me know.
Try setting the metal Z-shaped holder. One edge to insert between the trim and glass, and other side to hang up the camera.
But, then you have to do a hard mount, so the camera is not shaking.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I tried to insert the camera between the trim and glass but no it did't work. Duct tape worked a lot but I had to return the unit as it was recording at 1FPS for rear camera when I went to check the footage....:/ it looked like they took the case of another product and put their own electronics into it...
Here's how I taped it anyways

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
If not temporarily, why not use screws?:confused:
And remove plastic panel for cable organizing. (Service Manual page 20-73)
But I also fear this is what got those fuse blown
Use fuse (0,5-1A) on red cable (+) in rear camera, in fault then blown in, not charger fuse.
And, if you wrong connect rear camera on rear light-lamp, then blow light-lamp fuse - not charger.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts