Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is going to be a GREAT ONE! But before any details, please vote between the following Saturdays:

10 October....or....17 October ? (If it matters, consider that Monday 12 October is Columbus Day)

Please reach out by email, text, phone call, or CB radio to all Insight, CRZ, Civic, and Accord Hybrid owners and ask them to vote if they are able and intend to attend. Oh, and we always welcome BMW i8s too :)

We need to solidify the date by Tuesday, after which this thread will be abandoned. (You can continue to PM MountainDriver or I for details.)

Teaser picture:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Yes please!

I am in Boston. Where would the event be?

Thanks!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Columbia, MD near Baltimore. It would be great to see you there!

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Sounds like a great venue. Looking forward to it. I am good with either Oct 10 or Oct 17.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Thank god for feral holidays. :cool: Ill take Oct 10. I want to see your EV Smart too while Im in the area. :D

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
!!! +1

Sam

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Are the lustangs photoed hybrid or we are just meeting in the same area? Any chance of a dyno? Id like to get the gen 2 checked with ima system enabled and disabled.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Don't know about a dyno, I could inquire. Could be an interesting project for all to observe.

The 'stangs belong to the president of facility, fully restored. A '65 restored stock, and a '67 fastback with some big beef added under the hood (front plate reads "Bad ***"). They will likely get moved prior to the event.

Your knowledge would be good to have for the event Cobb, G1 or G2. :)

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The '65 has a 289 cuin and 4 speed, and the '67 has a 390 (bored to some larger displacement) big block.

We will have use of 2 frame lifts, and a drive on rack. There is plenty of parking, and a fenced in lot just outside. We are hoping for a small classroom adjacent to the garage.

Cobb, how about signing up to do the Gen 2 overview?

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

We could never ask for a better facility for a meet!

Also, there are great variety of food establishments within a 1/2 mile.

There is also a nice Hampton Inn within walking distance for those that plan on staying for the night, and a possible fuel economy run and Lunch social the following day.

Stay tuned and provide input if you are interested.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing you guys. (PM sent)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Ok, looks like I need to change my "whenever" vote to the 17th. I'm pretty sure I have a concert on the 10th! (I'll confirm tomorrow!)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I think you can fill a coffee cup with what I know about the gen 2. :D Usually what I do is show people how fast the car can disappear and how small traffic becomes in the rear view mirrors.

There is a lot of data available through the HDS, but I have other priorities vs buying a clone of one. I could answer any question and give test drives. I can also bring the 2 service manuals and my fender roller. Im packing 7 inch wide 15 inch rims. Should be good for autocrossing.

mudder, what van? I just put 245 75 r16s truck tires on my 08 odyssey. :evil: Man its one bad looking mutha. Cant wait to get my bull bar attached, led off road light and set of KC day lighters.

·
Registered
554 Posts
My preference would be the 17th.

·
Registered
19 Posts
2002 Blue CVT (stock) - 138k

I live in Arlington, VA so I'm local and would just come for the day. Would prefer Oct 17, though either could work.

Curious to meet the community and learn some care-and-feeding tips!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Excellent! You will not be disappointed. There is a great group of people attending who love these cars and eager to share and assist as they can.
We have about four or five others who replied by email already.
Thanks for the vote.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.