Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 manual trans Insight.

Died while using an inverter to power a couple of netbooks. The 10-amp fuse in #12 is good but still there's no 12 VDC in the socket.I've checked all the other fuses with a VOM, all good.

Anyone encountered this problem? Is there something like another fuse in this line? do I really have to take this dash panel off to find out why my cigarette lighter/accessory socket is cold as a Republican Senator?

J

·
7,200 Posts
LOLOLOL

Hmm. That would annoy me. Fortunately, I haven't had this problem... though I have blown the fuse many times.

Which is why I added a 2nd auxiliary cigarette lighter socket with a direct to battery line and 30A fuse to run my beefy accessories.

·
Registered
32 Posts
2 things i would try.

replace the fuse with a fresh one. ( they are less than 25 cents) and plug something else into the socket (not the inverter)

if that does work take off the panel under the radio. the back of the socket plugs into a clip. check that connection.

last thing i would do is check the voltage coming out of that clip. If your getting voltage its the lighter thats busted.
If you stil dont have voltage i would probably just run a new wire to the battery like eli did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts