Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:
I may be the first Im not sure but my IMA light came on 49,770. I took it to the dealer and he told me that the battery will need to be replaced.
Luckly its under the 80,000 and they will replace it free.
has anyone else had the battery replaced?? I wounder if its the moutains in Yosemite that have led it to an early replacement.

Rev Russ
Love JC

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,918 Posts
144 V

Was there a service code showing the malfunction? What was the IMA battery "gauge'" showing when you got the IMA light? What is the problem with the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was on my way to get the parking brake recall fixed. The IMA light came on and stayed on for about 30 miles. The gauge was showing about half change and appeared to be okay for the remainder of the trip. At the service center the light was off when he pulled it in for service. The code stays in the computer. He pulled the code up and the battery was in need to be replaced. I can only charge up about half way. I hope to get a new battery in a week or so. They called tech support and they said to replace the battery. They need to order tools just to get the battery out. It is a new area for them as he said.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on my way to get the parking brake recall fixed. The IMA light came on and stayed on for about 30 miles. The gauge was showing about half change and appeared to be okay for the remainder of the trip. At the service center the light was off when he pulled it in for service. The code stays in the computer. He pulled the code up and the battery was in need to be replaced. I can only charge up about half way. I hope to get a new battery in a week or so. They called tech support and they said to replace the battery. They need to order tools just to get the battery out. It is a new area for them as he said.

Rev Russ
LOVE JC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts