Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know I got at great deal on my 107K 2000 Citrus at $1999 from a different dealer in Seattle, but $8800 seems a little high?

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Buy it for $8,800, drive it down to Jue Motors and we'll tell you about the other $2-5,000 in work that it needs.
Yea if the pack is even any good. That's probably why it was traded in, in the first place.

Edit: If a 118k mile is worth 8800, then the 117k mile CVT I just picked up must be work 9000, right....? Right guys?

Reactions: FlyingHood395

·
Premium Member
2001 Red Insight 100,000km. 2001 Citrus Insight 130,000km
382 Posts
Only 45 G1 Insights were sold by Honda in Australia. All manual transmission. A few CVT's were imported used from Japan. That makes them a rare car in this part of the world. In the last couple of years I have seen only two for sale on the usual sites. Both non-running maybe parts only. One was asking A$25,000!!! Holy cow! I don't know whether it sold but it disappeared off the internet after a quite a few weeks (months?).

The other car was advertised at A$22,000 "as is" or $25,000 "recommissioned"!!! It disappeared after a while too. But now it's back - for A$12,000 "as is where is".

Who knows how much it would cost to get back on the road. Thousands at least. "Running when stowed" - 7 years ago.😆 And there's not the support network here for keeping these cars on the road like there is in North America.

Then again, if someone here really wants a G1 this may be the only choice for the next few months or even years. But G1 Insights really don't have a following here so I can't imagine anyone paying anything like that. IMHO the owner could be asking A$1000 and it still wouldn't sell quickly - and maybe not all. In the words of that iconic Aussie movie The Castle - "tell him he's dreaming".

·
Premium Member
2001 Red Insight 100,000km. 2001 Citrus Insight 130,000km
382 Posts
How are Australia's vehicle import laws?
Very restrictive still. It's a lot easier in New Zealand but even there the forum member who imported several from Japan (we're all RHD like Japan) stopped because the rising cost to buy G1's in Japan made it uneconomical.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Tahoe-ho-ho!

• Haha
Reactions: 1036Project
1 - 13 of 13 Posts