Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 Insight with 123,0000 miles on it. Check Engine light came on about a week ago, accompanied by losing mpg (from 60 and change to under 55 - though some of this is due to MN change to fuel blend from summer to winter). Also felt misfires - mostly at 30 mph. Took the car in to Honda dealer, sorry for the long post to come, but what they say is hard to decipher:

"checked for stored DTCS with the MVCI. DTCS are as stated, P1601, PO134, P0300. DTC P1601 will not come up in the IMA system of the MVCI as an IMA DTC. Cannot diagnose the DTC P1601 due to being a generic DTC. Called Honda Techline for that P1601. I told them there is a service news that cannot get the DTC to show up the way that it was shown in the service news. I also could get a P1447 to come up on my generic code reader, which is the IMA battery module deterioration. They told me to also try to jumper the SCS connector to see if the IMA bulb flashes. No flashes found, Also tried the HDS tablet to communicate with the IMA unit. Still the same response as the MVCI unit. Called honda techline back and told them I have done as instructed. They told me to clear the DTC and test drive due to no hard fault DTCS in the IMA system. I test drove, no DTC had reset at this time. Customer will have to return when check engine light/IMA light resets. Recommend replacement of the A/F sensor due to A/F sensor not operating when monitoring the A/F sensor. DTC P0300, I felt the misfire when test driving under slight loads and light throttle. Monitored the data list of the PCM and found tht the EGR valve is not operating properly. The EGR valve is slightly open at an idle. Recommend replacing the EGR valve."

Once again, sorry for the long post. Obviously I don't know what they're talking about, but I don't feel confident that they know what to do to fix the car. Their suggestions are running about $1200 for parts and labor. I've followed this forum often, and trust you guys! By the way, big battery was replaced last March, right under the 10-year warranty.

Whatever you can do to help.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I've got a 2000 Insight with 123,0000 miles on it. Check Engine light came on about a week ago, accompanied by losing mpg (from 60 and change to under 55 - though some of this is due to MN change to fuel blend from summer to winter). Also felt misfires - mostly at 30 mph. Took the car in to Honda dealer, sorry for the long post to come, but what they say is hard to decipher:

"checked for stored DTCS with the MVCI. DTCS are as stated, P1601, PO134, P0300. DTC P1601 will not come up in the IMA system of the MVCI as an IMA DTC. Cannot diagnose the DTC P1601 due to being a generic DTC. Called Honda Techline for that P1601. I told them there is a service news that cannot get the DTC to show up the way that it was shown in the service news. I also could get a P1447 to come up on my generic code reader, which is the IMA battery module deterioration. They told me to also try to jumper the SCS connector to see if the IMA bulb flashes. No flashes found, Also tried the HDS tablet to communicate with the IMA unit. Still the same response as the MVCI unit. Called honda techline back and told them I have done as instructed. They told me to clear the DTC and test drive due to no hard fault DTCS in the IMA system. I test drove, no DTC had reset at this time. Customer will have to return when check engine light/IMA light resets. Recommend replacement of the A/F sensor due to A/F sensor not operating when monitoring the A/F sensor. DTC P0300, I felt the misfire when test driving under slight loads and light throttle. Monitored the data list of the PCM and found tht the EGR valve is not operating properly. The EGR valve is slightly open at an idle. Recommend replacing the EGR valve."

Once again, sorry for the long post. Obviously I don't know what they're talking about, but I don't feel confident that they know what to do to fix the car. Their suggestions are running about $1200 for parts and labor. I've followed this forum often, and trust you guys! By the way, big battery was replaced last March, right under the 10-year warranty.

Whatever you can do to help.

Thanks
So they diagnosed a P1447 with its' matching P1601 and they don't think it's the battery? P1600 and P1601 signify a failure in the IMA system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts