Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Insight went into the garage Mondat to have an oil leak from the top end of the engine fixed.

Got a call yesterday to say the work was done but the 'unexpectedly' had to remove the sumo. It appears someone dropped something inside the engine & the only was was to take the sump off.

Normally this would not present a problem, however, they told me that if the gasket for the sump is not in stock, we may be looking at a similar wait to the last gasket they ordered to repair the to end leak, that was ordered in May & arrived early September!!!!!! :(

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Commiserations - sounds like you need a new garage

Can you order the part yourself online?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a warranty job so I've just dumped it on the garage to sort out.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The garage will take care of it for you, of course. Accidents happen to us all, and they're obviously going to make sure their mistake does not cause you any undue inconvenience, or damages your car in any manner. :)

Just make sure they provide you with alternate transportation in the meantime (under threat of legal relief if necessary), since when they're on the hook for a rental or loaner car, scarce parts tend to be miraculously FedEx'ed as if by magic... :D

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a Honda Jazz (Fit in the US) loan car, which is surprisingly capable, but I wouldn't buy one as it's unbearably girly.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,965 Posts
There are only two seals for the pan. A front crank lip seal and also a rear one. No other gaskets. Use the honda liquid case sealer for everything.

When I removed the pan on my Insight, back around 64,000 miles (Turbo drain fitting) I reused the old crank seals with NO ILL EFFECTS. 213,000 miles now and no oil leak around the pan.

It's about a two hour job (max), cleaning included. 8)

Willie
Is the Fit/Jazz a sport model? (Paddle shifters)

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm told the parts will be in on Monday, so not to bad.

The Jazz/Fit is the bottom of the range 1200cc version, although it is surprisingly good, will cruise all day at 100mph.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts