Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while backI posted about doing my first oil change(can't find the post here) and finding missing screws on the underskirt:
http://www.dennisjudd.com/archives/000571.html

Yesterday, exactly one and a half months after my 30k (w/ free oil change to make up for the missing screws) there was a rattle under my car while driving.

Turns out they managed to sheer 2 of the J-clips right out of the plastic and mess up a third screw. More details and pictures on my site:
http://www.dennisjudd.com/archives/000851.html

lesson learned, never let anyone touch your car. I only hope they replace the broken parts...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Let me get this straight. You let the idiots that forgot to put in screws on your car work on your car again? Oil changes are just to simple to allow the simple minded do it. I suggest doing oil changes yourself next time, then you know it's done right.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Resist said:
Let me get this straight. You let the idiots that forgot to put in screws on your car work on your car again? Oil changes are just to simple to allow the simple minded do it. I suggest doing oil changes yourself next time, then you know it's done right.
Well now let's be fair. I do perform my own oil changes on my car, it's just that since I was bringing it into the dealership for it's 30k checkup I figured I'd use the free oil change.

·
Registered
65 Posts
This is excatly why I'm getting rid of this thing as soon as I can. The Honda dealership service is absolute crap. I can't trust these clowns to rotate my tires without screwing something up. What a bunch of idiots.
Honda makes a great car, but their service sucks. I'll never buy a Honda again. :(

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I'll never buy a Honda again, but I love this car...Why not do your own maintenance, or simply find an indipendant mechanic? There's nothing special about the Insight when it comes to service. Anyone with the service manual, and OBD-II code scanner and mechanical knowledge can repair the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I plan on continuing to do my own oil changes, I just didn't have time or knowledge to do the 30k checkup myself....plus rotating the tires using a jack is a pain in the butt....

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I think there is one thing we HONDA INSIGHT drivers have not done, Get together, have some meetings, exchange ideas, give the ones that need maintenance tips, form a car club, it would help a lot other people that are not able to do their own maintenance.

Anybody would like to get together in the LA area?

Everybody is welcome, they don't have to be from this area, as long as they can make it.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,697 Posts
Gathering

Where and when?....................I'm ready.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Skypig said:
The Honda dealership service is absolute crap. I can't trust these clowns to rotate my tires without screwing something up. What a bunch of idiots.
News flash Einstein, all dealership service departments are idiots. The only way you can be sure it's done right is by doing it yourself. If you don't know how then learn. Otherwise you would never know if the dealership left out bolts or didn't put the part in correctly. I can't impress upon people enough, learn how to do your own oil changes, it's not as hard as you may think.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Calpod said:
I think there is one thing we HONDA INSIGHT drivers have not done, Get together, have some meetings, exchange ideas, give the ones that need maintenance tips, form a car club, it would help a lot other people that are not able to do their own maintenance.

Anybody would like to get together in the LA area?

Everybody is welcome, they don't have to be from this area, as long as they can make it.
Give me a little notice, and if it's big enough I'll drive over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts