Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my new years started off with a bit of a bang! On January 1st at 6:40 a.m. while traveling the Santa Cruz Highway I came aorund what is known as Moody's curve. Absolutely no one on the highway! Except for four, yes four deer standing across the highway! Was able to swerve and only hit one on the front right corner of my "H"pod. Very bummed and the hit did a fair amount of damage. I will say that the structural integrety of the insight is amazing. Lots of plastic parts broken and of course the hood, but easily repaired!

My challenge and request - There are no new hoods apparently available in the U.S. with no ETA from Honda. I have been looking used and my body shop has also. Found many listed but none have panned out. Seems that because they are so light and aluminum - they damage easily & are hard to repair.

If any of you out there know of someone or someplace that might have a hood - new or used please forward info to me at [email protected]. As good as the internet is, it doesn't turn every stone!
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, tried both back East. They were very helpful but to no avail. I have purchased from majestic and they are great. Also H & A out here in Sacramento. Hopefully the back-orders are just a temp thing!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Use your computer and have a look at JUNKYARDDOG. I had a good response from them when looking for parts for an old Ford.

Hope this helps.

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

·
Registered
473 Posts
There's a wreaking yard on the west coast that specializes in Insights. Can't think of their name offhand though...

<wracking brain while some time passes>

Got it! http://www.haprecycling.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for the leads! I will chase them down today. What a group, small but definately loving our insights!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again for your help out there. I used car-part.com for my first search and went back to it after trying all sources out west. Found my Hood at Delsea Motors in New Jersey. Very nice folks who were willing to ship to Calif. It's supposed to require no repair, so I'm hopefull and they seem quite honest.
FYI - I followed up with American Honda and they basically said on their search there were no new ones and no idea when Japan would be supplying inventory to the U.S.!!! Not good news!
Drive careful!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Doesn't an auto manufacturer have to keep parts readily available for at least 7 years (or something like that)? Since the 00-06 Insight is pretty much the same, shouldn't these parts not be unreasonably scarce until 2013?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that it was something like 13 years for Honda after the last model made (in 2006)....I guess that it doesn't mean that it has to be stocked for immediate delivery in every country the Insight was sold though.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts