Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed that lately, when engaging tranny into drive or reverse, first thing in am, about 35 to 40 degrees ambient, that there is a delay from park to d or r. Like a hesitation and in my brain I am thinking that the fluid has to get to the right place to engage or move the car.

Had tranny fluid replaced PROPERLY at about 40k.

Anyone else experiencing same? I have about 46000 miles on CVT, 2001.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I get a slight delay in the mornings when it's cold (below 40 degress F) and I had my fluid changed less then 1,000 miles ago. I think it has to do with the temps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
delay

what year insight, gomar?

·
Registered
366 Posts
2003 CVT with over 73,000 miles.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had this happen a few times, always when the vehicle is first being moved after sitting all night. Doesn't appear to be a biggie, but if it's coupled with any trans performance issues it could be there's an issue with the fluid level or pressures. On a convetonal trans this can often be caused by the leak-down of fluid presure for the torque converter, usually caused by a defective or dirty check valve.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
delay

what year insight, valiant?

·
Registered
274 Posts
I also notice a several second delay when going into gear both forward and reverse. It is more noticable the colder the temperature. I had the tranny fluid changed by Honda @ 30K miles as recommended. It may just be the colder temps thicken the transmission fluid slowing it down until it warms up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts