Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never been sneered at on a forum until I joined this forum.

I bought my last car a few days ago. I did what was suggested to free up the cvt shifter cable in MN where I bought the car.

It broke at the end. The was a solution to this problem that was low in cost, and worked. I replied that I wanted the fabricator to send the solution to my problem to an address by 1 day mail had the seller received the message, tommorow I might have gotten the part.

The message was deleted because I should have talked privately with the seller.

I am transparent with my needs and frankly help. I appeal to the forum and someone who has been stuck for 5 days at the sellers and will be longer because I did not follow policies and procedures.

Frankly if I wanted and liked policies and procedures, I would become a politician and follow Robert rules of order. Because the post was deleted, I don't get the part I need in a painless way I can.in the fastest way and I can get the solution of getting 2 vehicles home

Because of the deletion I have the car tore apart to fix with no part to fix it.

I may be forced to drive one vehicle home, wait for a more expensive part, have someone install the part. I then would have to take the bus, have the seller pick me up, being the plates and insurance proof of purchase and drive a car back that's been sitting for 4+ years.

You are light years ahead of me technically, and I fumble along as best I can to get my last to go.

Finally, I placed my phone# public to the seller to text me so I can things done. I may be old and perhaps the hep cats want be off this forum.

It would hurt me financially and I try to do the best I can to do a little bit of good. The Gen 1 helps me in a lot of way.

So I will continue to seek help and you will continue to delete.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
<edited>
There is no restriction in the Terms of Use barring a member from posting THEIR OWN private information. It is not a wise practice, but non-the-less not a violation. Folks usually simply post that a private "conversation" has been sent with their contact information, then your private information is protected. I assume that by now you have made contact with timny1984 since you successfully listed your phone number and since he was active only 9 hrs ago. Sorry you got deleted.

IC is not a very good channel for "immediate" communications. First of all, members come and go erratically and at their own convenience, time, and will. There is no assurance at all that you can quickly reach another member.

You are not being discriminated against for being old. We have lots of old to very old members. I myself am 82 and I never felt targeted, except maybe by a good natured jab from willie williford who is himself "old as the hills." That just doesn't happen here:)

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Wish we could be frank, if I can help with the part I’ll ship out for free if you still need it. I feel your pain. Just contact me private message.

·
Super Moderator
8,229 Posts
You may be frank by private message to me or any moderator, so long as it is respectful. One person's frankness is another persons inappropriate remark or even insult. It is a big and sometime fractious tent. We try to stay on cars only and away from riots in the streets. We occasionally get it wrong, but we all human. Enough said?

It is a moderated site with all that that entails. The moderators work for free doing the best they can. The site is civil, so by definition they are successful.:)

·
Super Moderator
590 Posts
Since you have asked publicly for an explanation, here goes.

nakona1, At the time, you had posted three times in a row in timny1984's Broken CVT Cable Shifter Fix thread. I deleted two of your replies because one of them had no content, and the other was in clear violation of the Buy/Sell Forum rules. I may not have stated it quite like that, as my time was limited when I took action.

Please see:

Here are two relevant sections:

InsightCentral.net (ICN) is not an auction site or a store. You may post the details of the item(s) you want to sell or buy here in the public forum, but YOU MAY NOT COMPLETE ANY BUYING, SELLING, OR BARTERING TRANSACTION(S) ON THE PUBLIC FORUM.
You must take your discussion off the public forum to complete any sale or other transaction.
In this context, completing the sale/transaction includes the discussion of price, payment terms, delivery options, etc.

And for the record, here is what you posted [edited to remove personal infomation].

Tim can you send the kit 1 day mailing and give me total cost before noon USPS or another carrier? I am at [address here].

Is there a way to send you the money Walmart to Walmart?
Lastly, I'm moving this thread to the off topic, Lounge section.

Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since you have asked publicly for an explanation, here goes.

nakona1, At the time, you had posted three times in a row in timny1984's Broken CVT Cable Shifter Fix thread. I deleted two of your replies because one of them had no content, and the other was in clear violation of the Buy/Sell Forum rules. I may not have stated it quite like that, as my time was limited when I took action.

Please see:

Here are two relevant section:

And for the record, here is what you posted [edited to remove personal infomation].

Lastly I'm moving this thread to the off topic, Lounge section.

Bull Dog - InsightCentral Moderator
Bulldog, I do not have the electronics scematic for the forum. I first learned to type at 38 going back to college. If there is a link to all the rules and regulations in a compact form, I will study it, and will comply the best I can. Nakona1

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<edited>
There is no restriction in the Terms of Use barring a member from posting THEIR OWN private information. It is not a wise practice, but non-the-less not a violation. Folks usually simply post that a private "conversation" has been sent with their contact information, then your private information is protected. I assume that by now you have made contact with timny1984 since you successfully listed your phone number and since he was active only 9 hrs ago. Sorry you got deleted.

IC is not a very good channel for "immediate" communications. First of all, members come and go erratically and at their own convenience, time, and will. There is no assurance at all that you can quickly reach another member.

You are not being discriminated against for being old. We have lots of old to very old members. I myself am 82 and I never felt targeted, except maybe by a good natured jab from willie williford who is himself "old as the hills." That just doesn't happen here:)
The little things I don't know. How do I pm a fellow members?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish we could be frank, if I can help with the part I’ll ship out for free if you still need it. I feel your pain. Just contact me private message.
Thanks, I will pay anybody to figure the fastest way to get the part. Scott liller 3 cylder is help ing
How does a fellow members pm a fellow members on the forum?

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,695 Posts
Click on your avastar, scroll down to conversations, That is now a PM, click, then click on start conversation. FiIl out info. Send IIRC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts