Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am in the market for an Insight. I have been trying to find a guide anywhere online that details the changes between year models and I have not had much luck. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
Sam

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum Sam.

A guide to the changes between year models for the Insight would be a very thin pamplet.

There were some software changes for the battery controls and different colours of paint and fabric. I believe a cut out in the headrest area was another difference. At first AC was optional but was soon included as standard.

The British and Japanese models are right hand drive. The British have a fog light at the rear. The Canadian models are all 5 speed. The Japanese have an optional GPS system and a double DIN console. Citrus yellow and Oxygen blue are rare colours. CVTs vastly out number 5 speeds.

Good hunting!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I appreciate the information.

Being that these cars were low in production numbers, its proving difficult to find a good one. I am looking around Dallas and I have noticed that there are a group of cars that are newer low mileage at a pretty high price. Then there is the group of older Insights with around 100k mi on them. Nothing in the middle really. Anyway, I will report back when I make a purchase.

Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
finding Insight

[Mod edit: Removed entire quote of above post in immediate reply. See Rule #12]

No what you mean it has been along hard search.Found two in newyork. one blue 2002 with 69,000.and one silver with 60,000 also a 02. bought the silver. former crx owners with over 185,000 on them till someone rearended me and t-boned me. needless to say missed my 2 seaters. so glad to have found one,and this forum. enjoy the info.[/b]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Welcome to the forum Gale.

I still have a 14 year old CRX SI I'm not sure what to do with. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts