Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two years ago I loaded Peter’s code for the Simple Cycler from my home computer. Now I’m trying to load the BCM Interceptor code and am having problems. The software I used got deleted when my harddrive crashed. I’ve followed Peter’s link to download Student PBP 3.1 software including MPLAB X IPE and MPLAB X IDE as well as melabs Programmer. I’ve followed jime links about understanding PIC programming. I’m still not clear I’ve downloaded the correct software because when my Interceptor board is connected to the computer I don’t have anything that says “LOAD”. Instead I get an error message “unable to access any ports”. I've removed the link on the board which allows loading of the code. I’ve included a screen shot of what I am attempting to use. Can someone please give me specific instructions as to what soft ware to uses and how to set it up. I’ve be grateful.
screenshot.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,773 Posts
Wish is could help, but I too always have problems downloading PIC code. I bought my Interceptor pre-programmed just to avoid the programming. I'm a Ludite. Fortunately it hasn't dumper, so still working.

I was successful one time in reloading an OBDII C&C. As I recall there was an error code then, but Eli told me to ignore the code, and sure enough it worked.

You are doing the right thing showing lots of screen shots and plenty of narrative. Peter can probably spot the problem.

·
Administrator
11,167 Posts
I use the standalone pickit 2 software to do all my programming.
I have never used MPLAB IDE etc so can't help with that.

ICP01 Software for the programmer I use is available from this page.

·
Super Moderator
7,773 Posts
I’ve followed jime links about understanding PIC programming.
Gosh, I'm wondering where you found this since I have never claimed that I knew much of anything about PIC programming.

Just trying to set the record straight :)

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@jime: you started a thread that totalled about 6-10 posts. The first or second post included two links about understanding / learning the 'PIC' processor system.You were the only person who contributed. I read it last night but couldn't find it today.
@retepsnikrep: thanks. I thought I was going down a rabbit hole loading all that software. I didn't want to program or compile; I only want to LOAD your hex file/code to the BCM Interceptor. I didn't read the other words included with the programmer description, " with.... PICkit 2 SW". That was the key. I Googled PICkit2 programmer software and downloaded it. This is exactly what I was looking for, and needed. All loaded.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts