Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am again, returning to the font of Insight :sneaky:

Anyway, I've got a problem with the dash on my 1st gen Insight. Last time I used a grid charger to balance my battery, I went to plug everything back in and the FCD was blank. Everything else works (tach, speedo, gas, batt, charge, and assist) but the FCD display shows no info. I can still use FCD and trip buttons to cycle through different display modes. The labels change, but no info is displayed.
IMG_20200801_134547.jpg
Also, the "maint req'd" light is stuck on, even though I've gone through the steps (hold a button, turn the key, hop around on one foot) to reset it. One further detail: when I drive the car, the instantaneous mpg gauge goes all the way to the right (to 150) the first time I remove my foot from the gas pedal after accelerating from a stop. When I come to a stop again, the gauge will return to "0".

It seems like I've burnt something out, but I'm not entirely sure what it might be. Any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! I tried that along with grounding it out into the chasis, but it didn't seem to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts