Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish the Insight had a digital speedometer option... is there a way to display a digital speedometer in MPH? I looked up the 2018 Accord because it seems similar and there's a way on that to display one but only in KPH (the opposite unit of the "real" analog speedometer).

·
Super Moderator
6,875 Posts
Maybe some owner will speak up, or you could go by a dealer and read the owner handbook. I was with a salesman yesterday and was impressed with the wide variety of info that the dash could select and display, but I didn't see a digital speedo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out page 130. It says the following under Speed Unit:

1. Select the Power/Charge screen.
2. Press and hold the left selector wheel when you select the Power/Charge on the driver information interface. Each time you do this, the unit will change from mph to km/h or vice versa. After this, a confirmation screen will appear for a few seconds.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check out page 130. It says the following under Speed Unit:

1. Select the Power/Charge screen.
2. Press and hold the left selector wheel when you select the Power/Charge on the driver information interface. Each time you do this, the unit will change from mph to km/h or vice versa. After this, a confirmation screen will appear for a few seconds.
I think that is what I tried. Were you able to get that to work?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I actually don't even have mine yet. Could someone here try this out and see if this works for changing the unit on the digital speedometer?

·
Premium Member
9,754 Posts
If you are buying new, why not have the dealer set it up right.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tried this on my EX and when you hold the button down it brings up the digital speedometer display in the center of the screen but in KPH. It also changes the odometer readout at the bottom of the screen to kilometers. When you hold it down again the odometer readout changes back to miles but the digital speedometer display in the middle of the screen disappears. If anyone finds a fix let us know, my wife really misses the digital speedometer display.

Paul

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried this on my EX and when you hold the button down it brings up the digital speedometer display in the center of the screen but in KPH. It also changes the odometer readout at the bottom of the screen to kilometers. When you hold it down again the odometer readout changes back to miles but the digital speedometer display in the middle of the screen disappears. If anyone finds a fix let us know, my wife really misses the digital speedometer display.

Paul
Yep... that's what happens to me too. It digital speedometer only works in kilometers. I read that in Canada it only works in mph.

Really sad oversight because there doesn't seem to be any good reason why you can't have both a digital and analog speedometer in mph.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are buying new, why not have the dealer set it up right.?
1. This shouldn't require a dealer to setup. It should be a user controlled feature/option.

2. I don't want to go back to the dealer just for this... and then find out what I already knew - that what I want is not possible.

3. If I go back there for something then I will try to remember to ask... since I am there already.

·
Registered
76 Posts
no digital mph display, no tachometer

I found the same, surprisingly. It would seem that it would have been simple to show a digital mph readout. Appreciated it in 2nd generation.

Also, why no tachometer display option? Another "miss", IMO.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts