Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Off topic question:

I can no longer upload photos from a camera and chip I used to able to upload from.

When attempting upload, I receive the message "invalid file". It seems my photos are now too large, 3+MB and dimensions of 4608 x 3456. IC limits are 2 MB and dimensions of 2000 x 1000. My pics are JPEG's.

Can someone steer me straight ? Has IC reduced the allowable size ?

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix L840.

(yes, I'm an old dinosaur )

·
Registered
619 Posts
Uploading directly to the site? Not using an offsite upload and putting the URL in this

If directly to the site, you may have reached your upload limit and can't upload more. Hope I make sense, been awake over 24 hours now.

Try uploading here and using the URL in the image brackets.

http://postimage.org/

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
If you are using windows, open them in the image program then save them as jpegs and close it. Should at least reduce the size. Im sure your camera has a setting to reduce image size too, but I just use my phone for photos.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I think the image uploading may actually be broken right now. I just tried uploading like a 20kb jpeg to test and got a "not a valid image file" error. There's also this thread reporting the same problem right now.

edit: I typically just use my google account, share out the files, and just link directly to the images there.

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
photo

if you move your files from your camera to your computer,
when you open the photo on your computer (if you do it that way)
take a look at the options you have available in your picture viewing program.
The viewer typically has the ability to resize the photo, as well as turn it on it's side (if you turn the camera in its side when you took the picture) of zoom in or out.

what family are you from?

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Will. I'll look for that next time I move pics from the camera chip to the computer. Odd thing is, I've not changed anything I've done in the past.

Family ? The Very Slow to Learn and Easily Frustrated With New Stuff and Changes Family. ARD (age related disease) ;)

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
new stuff

After rereading my post above I wonder what I was thinking while I wrote it.
I'm not sure but I think what you asked was if the forum made new rules for photos size.
I don't know, but maybe one of the forum staff can find out after the password reset fuss settles down a bit, if it ever does.
Opps, I should have asked what kind of dinosaur you are, or what family of dinosaurs are you from.
I'm an ole stegasoreass.

sorry to have been so far off the mark on my first post in this thread.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts