Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody knows of a an easy way to stop the beeper that goes off if you leave the lights on or open the door with the key in the ignition? Sometimes I like to sit outside of my Insight and listen to music, but the windows down is not enough, and I can't take the beeping any more. Maybe I could remove a fuse? Any help would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't know of any easy way to disable the beeping. However, if sound is your issue, perhaps you could try opening the hatch instead of the doors?

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
A stout piece of tape over the beeper or the door switch? 100 percent reverseable and cheep too. Note, I haven't tried either.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah, something to push the door switch would be best as it would also keep your dome and hatch lights off. Or just turn up the volume :wink:

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
You can also turn the ignition switch to ON, however, you will be using power from the IMA, but the bell sound will go away.

G

·
0 Posts
Pull the plug!

On my 1985 CRX-HF I simply pulled the plug on the beeper. I found it under the dashboard and unplugged it. No more beeping when the doors were open.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Old thread, but I wasn't able to find the answer on IC or locate the "beeper" unit under the dash yet, anyone?

·
Administrator
12,308 Posts
The beeper is built onto the gauge cluster pcb so disabling it is tricky. You could block up the hole in the beeper if you remove the gauge and take the back off. That would muffle it.

M

·
0 Posts
I just keep a screw driver in the car and I jam the handle bit between the switch in the door and the metal thing. It's very effective. And when I'm ready to go, I just pull it off and throw the screw driver between the seats and go on my way.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I thought there was a fuse that will disable the door ajar beep when the key is ignition?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Actually, its not too difficult to get the cluster out.
Yeah, thanks! it's not too bad... In my previous car you could simply poke your head under the dash and pull the darn "dingger" out in 5 secs... :D
I spent 10 minuets in the "reverse driver" position with a headlamp trying hard to find the source of the "noise" (while the ding, ding, ding :smash: continues...) Needless to say, FUN it wasn't LOL...

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
gonna have to take it apart

You could probably do something like a fuse switch, but without looking at the circuits, I would say your going to get more than just the beeper shutoff.

If this is itin the pic, you have to take the cluster apart, and then the blue piezo buzzer is soldered in.

MY suggestion:

Take the gauge out, as seen in the pic, and put a few drops of superglue in the little hole in the blue thing. Should quieten it down.:D

Randall

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,924 Posts
Randall:
Blue? or gray?

Loosing my color vision?

Check your PM.
Willie

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ha! Figured a stupidly simple method.

Take a Philips screw driver and slightly loosen the door sensor so that the screw does not touch the chassis of the car. There. Instant no beep!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Beeper not working

Annoying as the beeper can be it is useful to prevent lights from being left on. Unfortunately, just recently, I've found that my Insight's (G1) beeper no longer sounds when the lights are on and the ignition is turned off and the door opened.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Any ideas of how to fix it would be appreciated?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts