Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... I have had my 2000 Insight for a few years now.... and I usually use the MPG bar at the bottom of the display.... recently when I got MIMA installed Mike noticed that the FCD was not working.... It never worked but I never really cared much.... When I have asked the dealer during oil changes and inspections they say there is nothign wrong..... but pushing the FCD button does nothing no matter how long I hold it in for and the arrows seen in other insights in the top area never appear on my display.

I tried doing a search for a few variations of broken FCD or disabled FCD.... but didn't see anything....

Does anyone know what might be causing this / how to make the FCD work???

I have been driving now for a few years without it and it isn't a major deal... but I figuered I would ask in case someone knows what I need to do or where I need to look to find out what I need to do.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Have you tried reading the owners manual?
It says how to turn it on and off.

Something about turning it off when you lend the car to someone so they don't get get distracted by the moving lights and crash :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Manual says that if you press and hold the FCD select button it will turn the displays back on.....

But it isn't the moving bar that doesn't work.... the moving MPG bar at the bottom of the display works fine and I have been useing that.... The FCD button doesn't seem to do anything... It doesn't turn displays off when they are on or activate the segment display indicator..... it doesn't matter how long I hold the FCD select button in for and it doesn't seem to matter if I am driving or not.... I have never had those arrows apear on the top of the display next to where it says TRIP A.

My first thought was that the FCD Select Button was just broken / not working or not connected.... but 2 Honda Dealers now have both told me that the FCD Select switch is working properly, but yet nothing happens no matter how often i push it or how long I hold it.....

I don't know if I am just dence and am missing something obvious or what?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't know what's wrong then.
Good luck.

·
Registered
89 Posts
if i recall correctly you have a 2000 right ian?

i had a problem where i could display the main fcd display graph, but none of the others worked and i didn't have an average mpg for anything other than the main graph.

there is a way to turn all the displays on or off, but i don't believe it's in the 2000 owners manual. i found the answer here somewhere.... turned all my displays on and have since forgotten how.

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeagh... mine is a 2000.

My FCD Bars at the bottom work fine....
My Life time , Trip A , Trip B all work to show average MPG and distance.
The segment display never comes on and the FCD button doesn't seem to have any effect on anything no matter how long it is held in for.
The Segnment part of the Screen works becuase it comes on when I first turn on the car when all the dash lights turn on.

I didn't see anything in my first search.... I will dig deeper to see if I can find anything like this menchioned before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts