Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 5MT Insight w/ warm air intake, grid charger and more!
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My 06 Insight recently developed an exhaust leak, and according to the shops diagnosis the flange is rusted away to bolt onto the rest of the exhaust on the first/primary catalytic converter/downpipe. Checking eBay/rockauto it appears there's only one available unless one wants to shell out $1300 for the OEM Honda one. I will provide a link to the one I was considering, it looks as if someone just got a universal catalytic converter and welded it in place. Would this have any effect on the car getting into lean burn correctly/running properly? I was also under the impression that the catalytic converter setups/standards are different on 00-01, 02-04, and 05-06 cars, is this correct? Thanks in advance!

Link to aftermarket downpipe.

·
Registered
2006 Honda Insight MT
610 Posts
I'm using the davico one from rockauto and the car runs and lean burns just fine, no code or anything.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just had an Eastern Catalytic put on my 2004 a couple weeks ago. Direct bolt on with no issues. Only $235 from Carparts or Rockauto.

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight
263 Posts
I recently installed a Davico upper cat on someone's 2002 CVT. I had to weld over a gap in the pipe below the lower flange! Otherwise, it fit just fine. Upper gasket to the cylinder head not included.

I don't think the cat will have any effect on LB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts