Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I did the filter change recently (both the cooler line and the main filters), and was disappointed to learn that it didn't have any impact on my jerky starts =(

Still hoping to find a dealer who will give me the non-mandatory software updates, but until then, jerky-jerk.

That said, the operation is pretty easy. It helps that you can drain the pan before taking it off (unlike my old Ford). Be sure to put on a new pan gasket.

What inspired you to bother with dropping the pan, rather than just changing the external in-line filter?

As regards the software updates, I understand wanting to get them for free, but even if you have to spend $100 to get them, it will be the best $100 you ever put into the car (even though it will be annoying knowing that some people got them for free). They dramatically change the driving experience, for the better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dude! I would pay $100 in a heartbeat! I couldn't even get my dealer service rep to acknowledge their existence.

Do you happen to have the exact codes? That would make the conversation much easier at the next dealer I try.

Re: dropping the pan, I read somewhere on this board that someone improved the jerkiness by replacing the internal transmission filter, so I dropped the pan so I could do that.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Dude! I would pay $100 in a heartbeat! I couldn't even get my dealer service rep to acknowledge their existence.

Do you happen to have the exact codes? That would make the conversation much easier at the next dealer I try.
Read this long thread http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/troubleshooting-problems/23191-software-update-installed-my-2010-ex.html. There are several other threads about software update issues, but this is the main one I have used.

Your experience is common. See my post #66 in the linked thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi ordered online,eBay, as prices here in Ireland are bloody extortionate, saved e15 ,Inc postage
sorry to drag this up again but I am in Ireland as well trying to find CVT fluid for my 2011 insight, is there any chance you remember the brand/model of the transmission oil that you used?

I see the insight ( and the fit/jazz) everywhere these days but there seems to be little online about where to get the transmission oil in Ireland.

Thanks
Alan

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
There is no reason to use a vacuum pump. The drain plug is easily accessible. Cleaning off the plug is a good idea. If one wants to use a shortcut,
you can refill through the dipstick hole, slowly, with a funnel and maybe a short piece of hose.

·
Registered
432 Posts
There is no reason to use a vacuum pump. The drain plug is easily accessible. Cleaning off the plug is a good idea. If one wants to use a shortcut,
you can refill through the dipstick hole, slowly, with a funnel and maybe a short piece of hose.
Vacuum pump is a fantastic quick clean way of changing oil,I use it 2/3 oil changes and during winter months change the CVT oil with it,ideal for anyone without a garage

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I guess that could work sometimes, but I would not recommend using that method exclusively. Draining the sludge and cleaning the magnetic drain bolt should be done.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts