Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-In ... 2812QQrdZ1

notice the display in one of the photos shows the odometer, but does not display the lmpg.. is this a legacy "feature" or is this seller lying through his teeth?

here's his/her response to my asking why the pic was photoshoped:
"lmpg"? I assume you mean "mpg". No PhotoShop used on these picks.
When I snapped the shot of the console that what it showed. Please
feel free to contact me if you have any further accusations... I mean
questions.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Any serious bidder should be asking about the 12 volt battery and the main battery condition. The dash photo shows only two bars of capacity, and the battery in a charging mode. While that is very likely due to a completely normal set of circumstances, it may be indicative of a weak battery condition.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: do 2001 insights not display the lmpg?! ebay seller says

robgobbler said:
notice the display in one of the photos shows the odometer, but does not display the lmpg.. is this a legacy "feature" or is this seller lying through his teeth?[/i]
I think you created confusion asking about lmpg rather than mpg.. seller is far from canada so isn't that familiar with the metric system.

Your concern is sensible, but not valid. I believe this person just took the picture with the key not completely forward or the car not running (not sure which wife is driving car at present so i can't test this). This is causing the display to not show all the information... specifically the mpg. If you want to solve this issue... ask him to turn the car on and take a picture of the display so you can see the mpg readout.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: do 2001 insights not display the lmpg?! ebay seller says

Troll said:
I think you created confusion asking about lmpg rather than mpg.. seller is far from canada so isn't that familiar with the metric system.
well.. speaking of confusion, mpg is no more metric than lmpg.. :)
but i catch your drift.

G

·
0 Posts
True

My mind was filling lmpg in for me as

Liter Miles Per Gallon

instead of Lifetime Miles Per Gallon?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Looking at the advert (which is well written) I would have concerns that they are not displaying the registration plates (hiding something on carfax?). Also and perhaps more importantly I can tell that the vehicle has just had a recalibration on start-up (I get them often) - engine cold, battery guage near bottom and charging occuring at idle speed....

I also notice that the ubiquitous 'hybridguru' (who I seem to remember is a hybrid car dealer) is the current highest bidder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts