Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 cvt red 310,000 miles
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO ALL HONDA 1.3 - 1.5 CVT HYBRID FLYWHEELS INTERCHANGE ?
So far I have not heard of one not fitting a first gen Honda Insight 1.3 ?
If you know please respond or message me ThankYou !

·
Super Moderator
8,493 Posts
Pretty sure it has been covered. Learn to use the search function to your advantage. I put "CVT Flywheel" into the advanced search function and selected the Gen1 forum and came up with a very long list of threads. Among which what this:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually read almost every word of

Cvt Flyweel

1-20 of 482 Results

none of this answered the question
the linkyou posted was certainly one of the more informative threads
i appreciate your willingness to reply

·
Super Moderator
8,493 Posts
Did you read the one thread link I provided? There seems to be positive confirmation in the thread that the Gen2 Insight flywheel works. Member "rhall" is a pretty sharp guy and he said he had actual experience with it working.

True, it isn't ALL 1.3-1.5 CVT flywheels, but it is a good start at an alternative. True also, old Civics would probably be cheaper and easier to find. :)

It would be very difficult to answer your original question on ALL CVT flywheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have read all 482 results probably 150 threads.

"It would be very difficult to answer your original question on ALL CVT flywheels."

Maybe not,, if they all Do interchange.

The splines wearing out Honda hybrid 1.3 and 1.5 cvt's is a common problem and
anyone interested in sourcing that part to repair will be
glad to know that they all interchange (stay tuned,, working on that question) .
sure makes life easier in finding the freshest affordable replacement flywheel.(y)

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
I think your choice of words "ALL" is the problem. Who do you think has checked out EVERY version of flywheel to be able to answer your question?

We have determined SOME flywheels that WILL work, so it's probably safe to stick with one of those. If you find something different, let us know.

Sam

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be equally interested if "some" 1.3-1.5 Honda CVT hybrid flywheels did not fit.
"If you find something different, let us know." stay tuned,,, that's why this thread exist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts