Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at doing a grid charge on an insight I just bought. It seems that people only do it a few times a year so I assume some people share grid chargers.

Wondering if there are any members in the Charlotte, NC area that has one I could borrow/loan/rent, etc?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,748 Posts
In general no, afaik. Couple of problems. It is rare that a member has a friend in the same town he would trust enought with $500-1000 setup. Shipping it off to some unmet person would certainly be a no.

The second, more serious problem, is that the car usually requires an installed charger harness to hook to the battery. If you used a loaner, you would have to have the harness preinstalled.

If you had a good friend in driving distance, then you might be able to work out and arrangement where you just bought and installed a second harness in your car.

Use the top left google search bar and use the words "charlotter" and "North Carolina." You might turn up someone that way that you could approach, or maybe someone nearby will answer your post.:)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Looking at doing a grid charge on an insight I just bought. It seems that people only do it a few times a year so I assume some people share grid chargers.

Grid charging is also done as a maintenance chore to help keep an older battery balanced. Typically on a 3 to 4 month period.

Wondering if there are any members in the Charlotte, NC area that has one I could borrow/loan/rent, etc?

Thanks in advance.
If you are handy you can build your own simple gird charger/discharger for under $100. See my website for details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Horn12007
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing