Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am asking this because after frequent recals, I've decided to replace mine. I went to the Honda dealer today and the battery they gave me is totally different than the stock Fakumara or whatever the name is battery. I don't have the model number on hand of the battery they gave me, but it is roughly 1.5 times the size of the stock battery, and it is Honda brand. When the parts guy brought it out, I told him it looked almost too big. He relooked at the model number and he said it was the right one. I installed it, and it actually fills out almost the entire battery holder. Do the newer Insights come with a different size battery than the 2000 models did? Just curious if they might have changed because the stock batteries suck or what..

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
It is a "Civic" type battery. It fits perfectly and has more reserve charge. But weight more.

There is no differences between the new and old 12V batteries. I would say "Yes" the oem battery sucks. I have put one similar to yours for more winter power and "forgot the lights On" forgiveness.

But other people found better than OEM small size batteries

1 - 2 of 2 Posts