Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my I2 is nearly 5 years old and has done 40k miles... do we have any belts that should be changed? Sorry, not a mechanical guru... i am assuming no alternator (uses ima) and that the valves are all electric.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
943 Posts
The I2 has a chain cam so no cambelt.
There is an auxiliary belt that drives a few things including the air con compressor. Not sure what the checking or change interval would be but it won't be an expensive item.

Do you follow the MID maintenance schedule?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
I looked at hondaautomotiveparts.com, and there is a belt listed in the tensioner section. It appears to be for the water pump, not sure if it also drives the a/c compressor. I think list price was about $35.00, discounted about $25.00.
Changing a belt as a maintenance item now is not a bad idea, before it becomes a repair issue, you make the decision now before the car forces the issue.

Scott

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
The belts on other Hondas get changed at the 105k timing belt service. I would expect the one drive belt in the Insight to last to over 100k or 8-10 years. One can inspect it anytime of course. But I would not change it preventively at 5 years & 40k unless I lived in the desert.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The I2 has a chain cam so no cambelt.
There is an auxiliary belt that drives a few things including the air con compressor. Not sure what the checking or change interval would be but it won't be an expensive item.

Do you follow the MID maintenance schedule?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thanks Uriel! Yes I do, except for air filter and cvt fluid - I change them more frequently

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts