Honda Insight Forum banner

Do You Set Your Seat Way Back?

2263 Views 14 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Delta Flyer
I have never set my seat way back, even though it's recommended in case the air bag deploys. Being closer is more comfortable and gives me more control of the car.

Was wondering what everybody else does?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
Until recently, I used to ride pretty close up (I am 6' 0). However, my left leg has been getting sore over the past years from using the clutch repeatedly. I moved the seat back to put less stress on my leg and it has helped enormously. I am just shy of 42 and I'm afraid that someday the next vehicle is going to have to be an automatic/CVT. Stop and go traffic is just too taxing on the clutch leg.

· Registered
245 Posts
I had a 1988 CRX HF as well (Photo: http://www.schaffrath.net/photos/CRX1988.jpg) and really enjoyed the car, especially the 46+ MPG I was getting (and this was a four-cylinder 1988 vehicle!). I drove it 12½ years and replaced it with the 2000 Insight I now have. I would still be driving it if not for the fact that the body was starting to get alot of rust around the wheel wells and it was going to need some major maintenance to the tune of around $2500+. I wound up selling it for $700. Even though I had the manuals, I did not do much of maintenance on my own (including oil changes) opting to go to the dealer for the routine 15K services and local 15 minute oil change place.

When I got the Insight, I decided that I was going to be alot more involved in it's maintenance. To date, it has only been to dealer for recall work. Much to my surprise, I have found that routine maintenance is not that big a challenge. I have done all of my own oil changes and will be switching over to Mobil-1 at the next change (Pep Boys has a sale this week on Mobil-1 for $3.99/qt with a coupon. I picked up 6 quarts).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.