Honda Insight Forum banner

Does my car learn me?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  electriccelt 
#1 ·
Hi all! I have recently purchased a beautifully well kept 2010 Insight with 109k miles on it. I have done 3 fill ups and noticed that my MPG gets better each time. My question is: Is my car learning me or am I learning my car? I don't feel like I am doing anything differently, but the MPG on second tank was 44.6 and third is 51.6. Clearly getting better.

Thank you!

#2 ·
It’s possible that it sat unused and you are reviving the IMA battery pack. Also, do your own calculations instead of relying on the display.

Just and FYI reminder in case you have not done a lot of reading around here already:
Do take your Insight to a dealer and make sure your recalls have been done. Besides the airbags, there are software updates available. (Although you do say it has been well kept)
Also, around here we recommend changing the CVT fluid way more often than the MID (multi information display) will call for. Every other oil change is about right. The MID will not set a code for it until at least the third if not the fourth.

#3 ·
Hi, it's been getting warmer here and my MPG has been going up as a result. I think you might be seeing the same thing.

If you ever have any issues with your Insight I work very close to Decatur so I can help you out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.