Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I've still got the factory cassette deck radio from my '00 Insight, it was replaced with an aftermarket radio. Do these radios have security codes on them?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Not the Insight radios. They are codeless... ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
boogetyboogety said:
Not the Insight radios. They are codeless... ;)
Thank you! That's what I thought.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Just to add that the model years 99-03 with cassettes (like your question) do not have codes but the 04-06 models with built-in CD have a security code.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just to add that the model years 99-03 with cassettes (like your question) do not have codes but the 04-06 models with built-in CD have a security code.

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner
I recently purchased a 2001 MT, but the previous owner had already 'upgraded' the sound system by installing the stock, factory Honda CD player from a 04-06 model. Where do I find/get the security code? Thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you are lucky it is somewhere in the documents, maybe written down in the owners manual.

Otherwise, you'll probably have to pull the radio out to get the radio serial number and take that number to Honda to get the code.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey guys. I've still got the factory cassette deck radio from my '00 Insight, it was replaced with an aftermarket radio. Do these radios have security codes on them?

Thanks,

Matt

Are you going to sell the stock unit? I would like get my radio back to stock.

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts