Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Castle Combe in Wiltshire.

Taking the Insight out on the circuit, looking forwards to it very much.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Sounds good, enjoy yourself. Is this a big organised event? (I am there in October for an Audi event). If it is a big event, then it is the done thing to cover up your registration plate with tape because it has been known for insurance companies to go along and take spy photos. Apparently there are a large amount of accidents just outside race track gates...

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's organised by the Motor Club I'm a member of, not publicised very much, but yes, I will be taping up the plates anyway.

Hoping to get some video also.

·
Registered
702 Posts
cool, have fun :D

i go to the track on my motorcycle, lots and lots of fun

if you get pics or video make sure to post em :D

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a great day, did over 50 laps & when the track was fully wet belive it or not the Insight was by far the fastest car on the circuit.

There were Elises, Caterhams, Honda CRx's etc there.

G

·
0 Posts
Cool Mark, thanks for sharing!

I can imagine how much fun that must have been for you. If I could foresee a rainy day I'd certainly enter our Insight in a track day too - it's like a lizard with velcro feet in the wet and will certainly humble a lot of nice machines who don't have good rain tires (sorry, 'tyres') or rain drivers!

·
Administrator
12,291 Posts
Well done.

Nice one Mark 8)

Can we have a full report and some photo/video links please?

How much was it?

What was you mpg/top speed/time for best lap/distance etc etc.

Did you break anything. :shock:

How did tyres brakes hold up?

What did the other's think of you and the Insight? ;)

Regards Peter

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There seams to be a total lack of video & photo's from this event, 50% of the time it was wet so no real tyre or brake wear.

lap times in the wet were 1:50s, when fully wet I was by far the fastest car on the track.

There were a few very surprised people there, amogst them was a Bristish Sprint champinship winner, who complimented me on my driving.

I'm doing a Solo next week so I'll have to decide wheather to use the Mini or the Insight.

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am running 185/60/14 Dunlop SP200's, I have only noticed a knock of about 2-3mpg on these & the drive way better than the OEM tyres.

Wet grip is excellent, as is dry grip.

I run them at 35psi on the track, not optimum but I was only out for a spot of fun.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Mark - Is that loss of MPG corrected for the different circumference of the 185/60's as compared with the OEM tyres?

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Possibly, although I'd more likely put it down to the higher rr of the tyres.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts