Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
The most consistent source is eBay, but one must be wary of asking prices. Some sellers, but not all, ask exorbitant prices. I think the best approach is to do a rough calculation of what a reasonable new, inflation adjusted price might be and go from there. For example, right now on eBay is this bargain:

Just a little plea from someone who frequently tries to help. Though the manuals are available here in .pdf form, the file structure seems unwieldy and difficult, so getting effective communications with an owner in trouble is sometime difficult. EVERY OWNER NEEDS THE TWO MANUALS IN HAND :)
The problem with the service manual posted here is the lack of an index or table of contents. Hard to find a specific topic unless it's part of the pdf title. Even then you might have to look through 3 or 4 titles to find what you're looking for. As for that electrical manual mentioned, I found another new one listed today for a little less and with best offer. Offered $35 and it was accepted.

I fiddled a little with the on-line Electrical Throubleshooting Manual a bit this past weekend when I was trying to get schematics and other ref. to a member. The index is the third file in the list. The pages files are arranged in consecutive order and have page numbers, so it isn't totally hopeless. Of course I was using my hard copy to ident the page I wanted ;)

Here is a new copy of the Electrical Troubleshooting Manual selling at less than original price, with free shipping thrown in:

A very useful reference when troubleshooting your Gen 1, AND with this you can actually ask intelligent questions on IC;)

I have a zip drive with the pdf that I downloaded a couple years from the forum. When I try to download the 180+ service manual it directs to extragt. I cannot afford to buy paper manuals. I don't think the zip drive is damanged. Any advice?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.