Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, Thanks so much for all the help you have been for me with my 2000 Citrus for the last 80,000 miles. My driver seat is wearing out and I have been patching it. Looking for an old cover I can get fabric off of or an entire seat. Mine is the two tone gray. Has anyone put Honda 2000 seats in an Insight? I also have heard that Honda 2000 steering wheels work in the 1st Gen Insight as well. Thanks for any advice. The photo looks new, it's not my car but the same colors. https://green-cincinnati.com/wp-content/uploads/Honda-Insight-seat-Pic-5-5825583.png

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Thanks Joule, get in touch when you are ready.
S2000 seats suck. If you think insight seata are uncomfortable, you should feel S2K seats. As for steering wheel, AP1 and AP2, as well as 02-06 Acura RSX wheels all bolt in. The RSX requires disassembly of the stock steering wheel, but that just adds 1 step, removing 3 bolts. Lol. I prefer the RSX wheel as they can be had for cheap. I just picked up a 8/10 condition one for 140 (including shipping) earlier this week.

[EDIT]: In my thread history there is a thread about installing a RSX wheel.

Reactions: ChuckLohre

·
Registered
5 Posts
S2000 seats suck. If you think insight seata are uncomfortable, you should feel S2K seats.
I suppose everyone is different and has their own preferences. I've driven 1,200 miles in one day in my S2000 and was perfectly comfortable. Drove nearly 900 the next day and was still perfectly comfortable. (I'm 6'3")
In my opinion, S2000 seats are excellent.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You have many options. I put sheep skin covers on my Insight seats and I liked them very much. Then I got the itch to put CRZ seats in there. That makes a big difference but they are not plug and play. The mods to install them are on the internet. I have an S2K wheel in my car. It is a nicer wheel but they can be expensive now. Good luck.

Reactions: ChuckLohre
1 - 10 of 10 Posts