Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I recently found out that the driver side parking brake wire is discontinued. Does anyone know if I could use a right one and transfer the old brackets to the new wire? Seems to be the only solution!
Thank you!

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Different part numbers so I doubt it would work. Pretty sure I still have one off my parts car if you want to buy the correct side.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I just looked, they can be used on either side! The brackets are the only difference I see. I have a new 47560-S3Y-013 (right). Unfortunately, both sides might be discontinued. Majestic removed 47510-S3Y-023 (left) from my last order. :(

I've been wondering if cables from another Honda would be close enough to adapt to the Insight. I'm starting to have parts availability anxiety!

I noticed 47510-S3Y-A01 (Wire A, R Parking Brake) is for 2006 only. What could be different? I just ordered one to find out! :)

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had the same thing happen with mine a while back, if I remember correctly the pins are part of the cable design and aren't meant to come off, making the two sides not cross compatible, but I may be wrong about that. There used to be a few parts stores online that carried the part, it'll run about $45-$60 typically.

·
Administrator
11,603 Posts
These will def become a problem as in salty areas as they do deteriorate quite badly.

Mine have been done on all my cars at various times.

I hope we can source an alternative.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts