Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Cool...glad you like it Mitch! :D
I was all set to do PayPal refunds...but they charge a fee (5-6% IIRC) and for such a small amount, it seemed like a hassle. So I figured since I'm sending everyone a footrest anyway - why not drop the refund in the envelope? Quick and easy...if the envelope turned up missing - the $5 would be the least of my worries! So I dropped by the bank, got a mess of 5's and started stuffing envelopes!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Received mine yesterday. Looked thru some of the extra fabric my sister had lying around and found some metallic red vinyl. Sure, my car is silverstone, but now the footrest looks a bit like my computer (brushed aluminum with cutout red lighting mod :) )

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
You know the black pop connectors kinda fixed my car. When I had done my little road noise supression project I had put the carpet pad under the dead pedal spot and the pop fasteners were never long enough to securely hold the carpet in there due to the extra thickness. The black ones were long enough to not only work for the carpet pad, but also the plate.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cool!
Actually I originally intended to use the OEM Honda plugs. I ordered 50+ of them from hparts.com - only to discover that they are too short! <D'OH!> :oops:
BTW... hparts.com is very accommodating with their RMA procedures. :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
are there any more available?

I just got my insight..and as I wore a hole in my truck mat with my l foot Ill need one..or was it only thru pre-order let me know either way thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi zenartist,
Yes the footrests were a pre-order item. The company I ordered them from has a 10-piece minimum. At the time of order, I ordered a few extras, but they were spoken for before I even got them in. Altogether I ordered and sold 25 of them!

I would be willing to do another round of orders (especially since I didn't get one of the new ones for myself!) - but I'd need commitments from about 5 or 6 other Insight-ers before I could put together a minimum order.

So....If anyone out there is interested and didn't get in on the first round - let me know and I'll start putting together a list for another buy!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Jim- sorry this is so late. I did receive mine and the $5 refund was a bonus. I still have not installed mine (hopefully this weekend), but the piece looks wonderful and of great quality!! Nice job.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You are quite welcome, glad you like it! :D

BTW...I still have 2 extras left from the previous order. If anyone else is interested, please contact me off-list for details.

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Insight footrest

Hi Jim,

I´m writing from Germany. I´ve got one of approx. only 140 Insights that were ever imported here.

I just read about your success to organize those superb footrests. Is it still possible to get them? And would you be able to send them to Germany? Of course I´ll any extra charge for oversea parcels.

Thanks for your efforts!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Insight footrest

Hi Jim,

I´m writing from Germany. I´ve got one of approx. only 140 Insights that were ever imported here.

I just read about your success to organize those superb footrests. Is it still possible to get them? And would you be able to send them to Germany? Of course I´ll pay any extra charge for oversea parcels.

Thanks for your efforts!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Sure! I'm 'international'! ;-)
I've shipped footrests to Canada and The Netherlands (Hi Windmill!) so Germany shouldn't be any different.
Please email me directly at: jholmgren 'at' advertising.com and we can work out the details on shipping.
I don't have any extras in stock at the moment, but I do have another order placed with the manufacturer - I should receive them in about 2 weeks.
Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just got the latest shipment in from the manufacturer this evening.

If you've already contacted me and paid for your footrest - it'll be on its way tomorrow!

I do have some extras 'in stock' if anyone is interested, please email me directly at jholmgren 'at' advertising.com or PM me here if my stupid spam filter bounces your email. :oops:

Thanks!
Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Footrests

My fellow Insight Modders,

I have contacted Jim Holmgren for another batch of Insight custom footrests, and he only needs one more to make it worthwhile. You can find his e-mail sight in this thread, or PM him and when he gets enough promises for more, he will arange to have another batch made up.
I think they are nifty looking as well as functional. He doesn't make much if any profit for these, and does it for enthusiastic Insight owners.
Search back on this thread, or go to his website to see how they look.
Since I have 2 Insights, I have put in my order for 2.

Rob

21 - 34 of 34 Posts