Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to swap out the driver's seat for something a little nicer on my really long commute. I've checked out the other threads, but most are for 1st Gen's. Already checked Wedge Brackets website for new seat bracket, and narrowed it down to several new seat choices. Have a few specific questions that would be helpful:

1) Can anyone locate the exact driver's seat dimensions from the manufacturer? I took my own measurements, but they are not exact and I want to make sure I buy a new seat that will actually fit :)

2) In the other threads, I've read about the side airbag and possible issues with how the seat belt attaches. Anyone else have any extra input/suggestions about this?

3) Lastly, I'm looking forward to having an aftermarket seat warmer (more efficient than heating entire cabin), and multiple adjustments (lumbar!) for a nicer ride.

Thanks,

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm interested in this as well...! 125 miles a day in the stock seat sux. I have tried all sorts or wedges, towels stuffed behind me, pillows, etc. stock seat sux. My Sierra, pilot and vette are all a pleasure to drive long commutes in, but they suck on gas!

·
Registered
34 Posts
i acutally really like the stock seat and steering wheel. Its sporty for an econ car. You would have to most likely go to an after market racing seat with out an airbag, and resistor across the airbag harness so it thinks there is still a bag there, or an aftermarket racing seat with an airbag (think $2,500, no joke) or retrofit another oem seat into your car. Its not really that hard, but considering this is an insight, there isnt probably anyone around that has done it - kind of up to you to find what you like and make it fit. The cr-z forums are probably a better start.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The best advise I remember from a local call in radio car show was to have a local auto upholstery shop rebuild your existing seat. Almost all Honda seats suck, Acura gets all the goodies.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
egads
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing