Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
I'm pretty sure he got it from Discovery on this site, could have been Halo.

Scott

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm pretty sure he got it from Discovery on this site, could have been Halo.

Scott
what do you mean by "discovery on this site"? I found some site discoveryhonda.com. is that it? is there some way to shop with them through here?

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
lol, thanks. well then he shouldn't have two of them. interesting way for me to"discover" discover Honda. you have to call them for parts tho. maybe I'll try them tomorrow.

so no one's ever rebuilt one of these in here? not even using one of these cheap motors you can find at the big name stores? I can't find the threat but once I read someone said they just ripped out the 'transistor' or transformer or some electrical part I think responsible for the motor overhearing, which mine had been doing before it just completely failed.

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
He often has more than one car he is parting out, check with him you never know.

Scott

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Does anyone know of a source for the plastic clip that holds the window motor connector, number 4 in the drawing below, to the door?

The up cable snapped at the ferrule in the hanger in the lift portion of the regulator and in removing the motor connector from the door, the clip broke. After it broke, it became obvious that the connector slides on/off the clip and you are not supposed to pry the clip out to liberate the connector.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I came upon this problem today: how do you disconnect the window motor cable from the clip in the driver door?

Initially I was just going to break it. Thanks to DaveNM (in the post above 4 years ago) for the clue that it slides off. So, how do you do this?

Put a screwdriver on the connector as shown, and give it a little tap with a hammer. It will slide off.

2nd picture shows where orange clip is on the driver door (and yes that is duct tape holding up the glass so it doesn't come down on my fingers).

·
Registered
149 Posts
My driver’s side window was stuck in the up position, window motor wouldn't work. Accessed the 2 bolts holding the window glass to the window regulator via holes in the door. A size 10 rachet wrench was a big help.

·
Registered
149 Posts
While my hand was in there I realized I could have accessed at least one of the bolts from above (even if the glass was stuck in the up position). I was careful not to scratch the glass while racheting the wrench.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Nice tip for getting the connector free from the clip.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
8 Participants
Honda hybrid442
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing