Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, 2000 with new battery pak (yeah) got it done in Sanford NC. Anyway I have all the leaks, fixed the passenger seatbelt, will do drivers ASAP but we have one that makes only drivers side floor mat wet. Seems to come in from firewall possibly. Searched forum but found nothing. Does anyone know where to get. Clips for piece of trim on the threshold and also above door at roofline? And what are they called. I will use 3m 4200 or 5200 caulk, best in the world. Thanks all.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hondaautomotiveparts.com is probably the easiest and cheapest way to get oem parts. Those clips can get pretty expensive though. I had to remove both roof trim pieces above the door to paint them and it looks like the clips are made to only go in once. Busted em all and had to pay $50 in new clips. On the plus side, no leaks whatsoever

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wet floor mat

I had a problem with water getting in the footwell area--it was coming through the speaker hole in the door panel. If the speakers have ever been replaced they probably cut the back out of the back speaker enclosure, which was designed to keep it waterproof. Easy place to start, just pull the speaker and see if the enclosure is still intact.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts