Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting these codes (DTC # P1585, along with an IMA flash code of #30 and a Check Engine flash code of #69) on our 2000 Insight I checked the forum for answers but didn't find anything useful. None of the IMA functions were working and both the Check Engine and IMA lights were on, even after resetting the codes. So, after doing the repair using a service manual and learning a few tricks along the way, I though it best to offer a link to a fully-illustrated PDF I did about the repair. It can be found at http://www.geopathfinder.com/HondaMotorCurrentSensorFix.pdf

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dtc p1585

Very Impressive! Excellent and informative tutorial. Seems like you have the electronics knowledge to truly understand your Insight. Wish i lived close to you. jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just know enough about electronics to use a digital multimeter, following instructions and schematics from a service manual. I'm just an old philosophy major who uses his logic course every day to figure stuff out. And I'm trying to keep a superb car, on which I spent an entire $500, on the road and a maintaining some excellent mileage. Getting fewer mpg, no more auto-stop, no more instant starts (especially in our frigid Minnesota winters), and much less torque, just because of a few sensors didn't seem like an option. I hope my experience helps others on the forum!

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
I've had some P1585 codes lately, and I found the PDF listed above to be very helpful. I solved the problem by replacing the complete PCU with one from a salvage car.

Sam

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Sorry, no I didn't. It would have been a good exercise, but when I got the "old" one out it was just easier to put the "new" one back in and skip the middle part. I would have liked to have tested them as you suggested in the other thread, but it was easier to just replace the whole unit. I can always do it later. I am confident that at least one of the current sensors is the problem.

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts