Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has already been discussed I attempted a search but my Kung Fu must be off or this has not been brought up yet or often enough.

Armchair engineering this in my head:

I have a spare IMA battery, theoretically if wired up in parallel with the other battery I could double my amp hours. I think there is room enough in the hatch area if I relocate the spare tire. I do have spare modules also but should not need them as I am essentially upping the storage capacity. If I just wired in the second battery, using appropriate sized cables. I could possibly piggy back in the temp sensors and maybe the cooling fans or even make a stand alone temperature controller for the second pack.

Limitations I believe may be the rear suspension because of the added weight.Potentially the cables but that would only come into play if I begin drawing too much current and that should be controlled by the MCM right?

Thoughts, am I crazy, has this been discussed already?

**EDIT***
My Kung Fu was off I just found discussions on this topic. Off I go to read :)

Link for a starting point for future explorers since I do not see a delete button:
https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/14114-parallel-install-second-battery-pack.html

-Drelen

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
Drelen
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing