Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read stuff about here about MIMA, which I assume means Manual Integrated Motor Assist.
Is that what MIMA means?
Does MIMA use wear out the batteries more rapidly?
Does a MIMA mod void warranties from Honda?
How much is MIMA?

·
Registered
466 Posts
1. yes.
2. yes, until you get over the "lead-finger" syndrome ;) then the fate of your batteries is entirely up to you.
3. yes.
4. go to http://www.99mpg.com for info.

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
psuinsight, are you at university park / state college, pa?

I live and go to school there ... I have a MIMA in my 2000 Standard Insight.

Mike's page perviously linked gives most answers and information... I can show and answer a few others.

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
There is an Insighter in California :lol: that just had his batteries replaced under warranty and has been using MIMA since lat year, His batterty was replaced just last month. ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I work at PSU and live near Bellefonte, PA.
There is another red Insight using the same parking lot as I use ( the Beaver Stadium lot). Sometimes I manage to park right next to it. Gee, looks like twins!
Thanks for the web page about MIMA.
Wow, not too expensive :) for a MIMA.
Since my car is brand new, well about 3 months old, I will hold off on mods as signifigant as MIMA for now.

·
Premium Member
2,892 Posts
I drive a Silver 2000 Insight with MIMA.... You may see it around state college some time... If you ever get an itch to see how the MIMA works first hand let me know....

I saved up for MIMA.... and it was well worth every penny hands down :D

But while it isn't as cheep as inflating your tires.... It isn't that expensive compaired to Car Stereos and tinting and turbos and such that people do as well.... especially condering all the time that has gone into it.

But lots of people have posted that they are waiting for one thing or another.... Wait all you like.... worse case sinario is that Mike gets tired of making them and you have to build the MIMA Board yourself. .. I knew I wanted one when they were first working on it and I knew I wanted it built correctly... I had to save up for about a year but got mine about a month ago.... and did I menchion... I think it is great!!! :D

Enjoy your new insight. :)

Welcome to the Forum... tons and tons to read about here.... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts