Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody applied Dynamat or similar to the back faces of the plastic door panel?

It seams very flimsy & would prabably help with the sound from my 17cv woofers in the door panel.

I was also considering wrapping the wire in the door panel in a thin foam tape to stop them rattling.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Dynamat is made to be attached directly to the metal of the door skins, inside surface, of course (or other METAL surfaces). I don't think it will help with your problem

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I 3M 90 Contact cemented some automotive carpet insulation to my doors. Made a pretty significant difference in road noise, but also made the speakers sound better. Not only that but it also makes the doors close quieter.

Here's the link to the long thread, includes some pictures as well.
http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10

And to answer what would probably be your next question, it's called automotive carpet pad, you can get it at automotive apholstrey shops. I'd be curious to see what your results are if you use dynamat though. I wanted removability (well except the doors I guess), and this stuff was a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I put Brown bread on the doors themselves and then their headliner product on the inside of the interior trim panel. To top it all off I used the great stuff foam and brown bread in the cavity just forward of the door and behind the front wheel well. The door definitely makes a more solid noise when slammed but I don't have any db numbers. I even used their lead shielding in the flloor pan in case the warp shielding leaks. The glass ofcourse is now the weak link. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
700 Posts
Rick Reece said:
...... I even used their lead shielding in the flloor pan in case the warp shielding leaks.....
Say what?

Do I need lead-lined underpants, or something?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Holicow:

___You mean you didn’t know? :D

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1attkiow][email protected][/email:1attkiow]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
So where do you find the lead shielding for the warp drive engine, other than flattening old batteries? :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts