:idea: Greetings all! After a year of ownership and not using the dead pedal placement for my left foot 'cause I didn't want to grind up the carpet I finally got around to attacking it and had the whole thing beat in under 15 minutes! I fretted over those two plugs and if they could be coaxed out with a flathead screwdriver (they can). I took a thin piece of cardboard from a cereal box and fashioned a mock up to size, complete with holes for the two plugs to go into. Traced it over to a scrap piece of linoleum (I was very lucky that in my scrap pile was a remnant of some faux diamond plate left over from my dumpster diving days), then cut it out with some scissors and got a drill with a big bit for the two holes. Fortunately the shafts on those two plugs are long enough to accept the linoleum so I just set it in place, popped the plugs back in and I'm off to the races! Easy as that!