Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally gotten around to reading the I2 manual in depth and had some questions after reading the section on the Eco Guide.

Has anyone reached the max stage (3rd trophy) yet? The manual says the system continues to monitor your driving even after you reach the third stage max score. Has anyone reached this end stage yet? How hard/easy is it to maintain a high score? Anyone lose points and obtain upside down leaves?

The manual also says the system monitors your driving style "more strictly" as you progress to a higher level and, as a result, drivers have to "refine" their driving style. What does this mean exactly?

Lastly, the manual provides specific steps to "reset" the eco system, which zeroes out the leaves and lifetime points. Why would anyone want to do this?

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
I've read here(I have an I1, not I2) that people have stopped getting trophys and the system discontinued adding leaves, there was another thread about this where the system was reset so they could continue with earning trophy and leaves.

·
Registered
193 Posts
i got the 3rd trophy a while ago.. it does get harder to gain leaves as it moves up each level.. basically you are learning while you are earning leaves.. on mine i haven't lost any leaves since i reached the 3rd trophy..

you can 'reset' and zero everything out to "play the game" again.. otherwise no real reason to do so.. its a training tool and once you learned how to drive your I2 efficiently you wont need to gain leaves anymore.. :)

its like an achievement on a xbox 360 game

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have not received any dying plants that I am aware of - and I have hit the 'end' as well. Honestly, I'd think you'd have to be driving pretty aggressively to do that anyway.

I agree with the previous poster - it really is a training tool. Now that I have learned how to drive the car efficiently, I never use that screen.

Plus - it's much more fun to monitor the real-time mpg meter anyway! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts